Premium Only Content
Suspect in custody following deadly shooting in northwest Las Vegas Valley
Las Vegas police are investigating a shooting that left one victim dead and two others injured on Thursday night.
According to a spokesperson from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, officers responded near the intersection of Elkhorn and Durango shortly before 7 p.m.
LVMPD Homicide Lt. Jason Johansson provided additional information in a media briefing, explaining that officers were called to the 7300 block of Nautical Stone Court at approximately 6:34 p.m.En route to that location, officers were advised by multiple people that there had been “several different victims shot.” Upon arriving, officers saw two victims in the street suffering from apparent gunshot wounds.
Lt. Johansson said that officers were able to “drag them back to a safe area” for medical treatment. They were then taken to UMC.
The lieutenant added that it was “very apparent” to officers on the scene at which residence the shooting had occurred, as well as which residence contained the suspect.
Another shooting victim, a woman in her 30s, approached from the other side of the street. She was also taken to the hospital for treatment.
The garage door at the residence containing the suspect then reportedly opened and the suspect surrendered to police without incident. Johansson said that the victim pronounced dead was a male in his 30s. The woman and a man in his 40s suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
The officer continued by explaining that police believe that the suspect and the initial two victims may all be roommates who had a verbal altercation that became physical. The suspect is believed to have produced a firearm that he used to shoot the victims during the altercation in the residence.
Lt. Johansson added that police believe the woman who was shot lives in a house across the street and is a “completely innocent bystander” who was “struck by an errant gun round.”
Johansson referred to the scene as an “extremely tight neighborhood” and he said that it is fortunate there weren’t more victims. He added that there are a “lot of moving parts” in the investigation and he estimated that officers would remain there for quite some time to process the scene.
Area residents who cannot access roads to their homes will be escorted to their residences on foot by police if necessary.
-
18:12:15
Live Core Productions
14 days agoNevada v. Devyn Michaels Love Triangle Beheading Trial
3 -
23:46
DeVory Darkins
1 day agoTrump TERMINATES Biden Orders in Massive Autopen Scandal
44.5K147 -
16:12
T-SPLY
13 hours agoBUSTED: Lawmaker Called Out For Insulting ICE!
6.72K7 -
2:30:01
Game On!
1 day ago $15.80 earnedPURE CHAOS! NFL Week 13 Wiseguy Roundtable BEST BETS!
137K3 -
1:40
Memology 101
2 days ago $0.54 earnedNo one deserves to be subjected to this amount of CRINGE...
10.7K31 -
48:38
The Hannah Faulkner Show
3 days ago $0.27 earnedTHE HISTORY OF THANKSGIVING with Historian Bill Federer | LIVE WITH HANNAH FAULKNER
11.4K1 -
38:03
The Bryce Eddy Show
1 day ago $0.08 earnedJeffrey Adams: Micronic Silver
8.1K -
54:05
The Heidi St. John Podcast
2 days agoFan Mail Friday: Ten Commandments, Tough Questions, and Training Our Kids
6.17K -
32:41
American Thought Leaders
19 hours agoEXCLUSIVE: Kash Patel Talks China Fentanyl, Violent Networks, ‘Burn Bags,’ and More
46.3K59 -
31:30
Athlete & Artist Show
23 hours ago $8.43 earnedOvi 900 Goals & 1500 Games, Olympic Jersey Reveals!
45.3K3